Sunday, December 16, 2012

Please help

A group of quilters on Flickr is coming together to make pillowcases for the surviving students at Sandy Hook Elementary. Obviously this won't take away what happened but we hope to offer some comfort at this time. This is excerpted from the group's home page.

About Sandy Hook Elementary Pillow Case Drive
HI everyone, The Quilters Corner in New Milford CT has started a pillow case drive for the children of Sandy Hook elementary school.
I saw this on facebook via Maureen Cracknel Handmade
www.facebook.com/maureencracknellhandmade
and thought it might be helpful to start a flickr group since I know so many of us sew and they will need approx. 600 pillow cases.
I believe the goal is to get these done so the children can receive them after Christmas break. I know it is a small thing to do....but a pillow is always a great comfort and to be able to give these children a little extra peace at night would be a wonderful thing.

This is the mailing address for the Quilter's Corner:
312 Danbury Rd. ( Rt. 7), New Milford, CT 06776
Please feel free to pass this along, let's get these done for Sandy Hook

I have made one tonight in less than an hour and I hope you will as well.


I used this tutorial here at Film in the Fridge. And you can join the Flickr group here.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! Having something to remember friends and be a comfort will surely help in the healing process for those children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Fweetie! :X Just read at Lee's that we/our guild are doing this. Thanks for the heads up. Do you know the pillowcase trick? Lemme see if I can find it... it's a video and everything. After you make one, you can whip them out in no time!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrYWCma9wgM

    Maybe it will comfort us a bit to help... I still tear up every time I think of them. Lee said the world is crazy. In a world where evil is at work, you just never know where it will show up. I am glad that the author of evil doesn't have the final word! Prayers for the wee ones who made it and are still here and the poor parents who lost theirs <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your two cents!